Yesterday morning's blog provided some information about the CAF Red Tail Squadron's RISE ABOVE Traveling Exhibit. Yesterday afternoon brought actual photos of the actual rig to the inbox so wanted to share what the real deal looks like. And now, a tour:
1. Outside view straight on. This view would get anyone's attention on the road!
2. Outside view at angle with AC unit prominently featured (gonna need it at Oshkosh!).
3. CORRECTION! After actually seeing the rig, I realize that this is the same view as #2 but with the side of the rig being pushed INTO it and the floor and ceiling of the theater being pulled out. The vertical outside of the theater - including doors! - will be affixed later. It's like a huge puzzle - quite magical when you think about it.
4. The "bump-out" that expands the theater. Also a little glimpse into the electronics compartment which runs the whole show.
5. The inside of the theater with the big curved screen and practical seating. The artist's concept I saw showed plush seats but telescoping benches make more sense. There are two sets of benches.
6. This shot really gives a sense of what the flying segment of the movie will look like. That's the Red Tail Squadron's P-51C Mustang in the middle.
If you're anywhere near AirVenture Oshkosh next week, we hope you'll come by, say "hi" and stay for the show. If you can't make AirVenture, be sure to check the "News and Events" page of our website regularly to see the calendar which shows where the Mustang and the RISE ABOVE Traveling Exhibit are going to be. If it's close to you, we hope to be able to show you this new and unique educational tool on wheels.
The CAF Red Tail Squadron is a volunteer-driven 501c3 non-profit organization that operates under the auspices of the Commemorative Air Force. For more information, please visit redtail.org.